Thursday, March 30, 2017

Spring Has Come!


Good morning friends!
I finished stitching this Prairie Schooler Spring has Come piece yesterday and got it all mounted and on display..I bought this tray at Hobby Lobby 2 Christmas' ago and it was red with a saying. I spray painted it almost black first because  I used it for a Halloween piece and then I spray painted it off white because I have different seasonal Prairie Schooler pieces that fit on it.
There are 4 Prairie Schooler pieces in this photo .. I think I am addicted :) and of course I am addicted to chalkboards.. the collaboration with Hands On Design Chalk for the Home .. Tulip House. The second chalkboards are all drawn and wait until you see them!

I added magnets to the back of the mounted green gingham and they stick to the tray great ..I changed the dark teal to a lighter color ( dmc 3810) and also stitched the robin square instead of the bunnies. The robin is my favorite of the 4 squares they give you. I left out the all around border. I also used the light pink for the flowers instead of the purple they called for.

It's stitched on 28 count tea/coffee dyed evenweave. Isn't it pretty! It's not very traditional spring colors but it is so pretty when stitched!

 If you would like to see what I am up to everyday join me on Instagram and my Facebook page ! I do post on both almost everyday ..Links to my Facebook page , Instagram and Pinterest are in the sidebar .. Hope to see you there ! :)

                                              http://jannolson.blogspot.com/
                                           http://www.jenniferrizzo.com/
http://www.funkyjunkinteriors.net/

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I love PS designs too! This one says Spring to me:)
Kathleen in Az

CathieJ said...

I really love your stitching. It is so easy to get hooked on one designer. I love your finishes too.

Janice K said...

I love that one. I'm working on Prairie Schooler April right now. I just adore their designs. My goal is have all of the months! As always, you are my inspiration!

Susan Lankford said...

Love all your creations, Priscilla...and how clever you are with framing!