Monday, April 10, 2017

A Stitchy Update





Happy Monday!
So .. I need to tell you something.. my daughter is spoiled ! :) I finally got her to be a stitcher..OMG I'm excited!
So what happens after she stitches a piece ? She drops it off here for me to finish for her !
 Spoiled I tell you :)
She so far has been stitching on Aida.. hoping to at least get her to 28 count evenweave . She stitched the Country Cottage Needleworks Summer and I finished it into a wreath today .. used red checks.. yellow check covered buttons and finished it on a wreath with a few daisies.. so she just needs to stitch the next three seasons and change them out.
Shes also stitched Lizzie Kate's Spring cottage .. I finished it onto a frame from The Goodwill ..that I painted with chalk paint...I added a bow and a covered button to the top .. 


Her first piece was the little Farm Lizzie Kate , which I also finished into a thrift store frame..


Now for what I have been stitching.. On Fridays I try to do some Fall stitching so I have been working on Prairie Schooler Autumn leaves..
Sundays I try to stitch Christmas .. so yesterday I stitched this Little House Needleworks 2016 ornament. I am almost finished with it , I will show it to you again when its fully finished.
I started on my patriotic stitching with another Little House Needleworks piece..
And one chart a month in the Country Cottage Needleworks Frosty Forest ..I am keeping up!
I have also stitched a few more of the chalkboard ornaments from Hands On Design . I have 2 left of the 9 ornaments to stitch..
So that's it for what I am stitching ..
 If you would like to see what I am up to everyday join me on Instagram and my Facebook page ! I do post on both almost everyday ..Links to my Facebook page , Instagram and Pinterest are in the sidebar .. Hope to see you there ! :)

8 comments:

Gayle said...

Love all your stitching posts. You're an inspiration. I'm such a slow stitcher. And I also still stitch on Aida.

Unknown said...

So sweet to help your daughter to frame her work. Im loving the Fall pattern:)
Always nice to see your doggie companions, Kathleen in Az

Mary said...

How fortunate your daughter has such a talented an in-house finisher! You must be thrilled that she has taken up stitching, I hope you have many hours stitching and chatting together.

Lovely finishing on both her pieces and you certainly are a prolific stitcher!

My progression was 14 count aida to 18 count country mocha aida and then 28 count even weave and now my fabric of choice is 40 count linen. When I started I never thought I would work on anything but 14 count but it was a surprisingly easy transition. She has mastered the 14 count, looking forward to seeing more of her work.

Carol said...

So happy that your daughter has taken a liking to stitching, Priscilla--that will be a fun hobby to share (especially since she gets your expert finishing services :)

Love the new pieces you have in the works--I am way behind on my Christmas stitching this year. Need to get going! Enjoy your day!

Susan Lankford said...

I'm sure someday it will be "like mother...like daughter" as far as the finishing goes...she is already following in your talented footsteps with stitching! Love the way you finish with a wreath...I'd like to try that!

Barb said...

Your work always inspires me. Your daughter is very lucky. I don't really like the finishing. I wish I could just drop mine off and then have them finished as lovely as you do.

RJ at stitchingfriendsforever said...

That is just wonderful that your daughter has picked up stitching too.
And what a lucky girl to have a super Mom to do her finishing. You have been very busy with all of your pretty stitches too. Can't wait to see how you finish them up. You have a great eye for detail. Happy stitching! RJ

Kris said...

I know you are pleased as punch that Chelsea is stitching! I think she is going great too!!! How wonderful that she shares so many of your interests! My two girls have NO desire to neither, sew or knit!!! But both love to cook like I do. Maybe there is still hope?
Hugs,
Kris